I’ve got serious Summer Fever. It feels as though it’s NEVER going to get here! I might as well prepare for it to make it feel like it’s closer. Summer…’Tis the season for dips, right? I feel like all summer long I always have various parties and events to attend that involve bringing a dish or snack to pass. My go-to, never-fail is always a tasty dip. This is a queso dip (“queso” means “cheese” in Spanish).
You need a block (32 oz.) of Velveeta cheese, an 8 oz. package of cream cheese, a 10 oz. can of Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chile), 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, and 1 lb. of ground beef or sausage (or a combination of the two!).
Brown the meat and set it aside. Cut up the Velveeta and cream cheese into cubes and put them in a crock pot. Pour in the Rotel and cream of mushroom soup (don’t add water to the soup). Let these ingredients melt and cook for an hour. Add the ground meat and let sit another 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy with tortilla chips!
I’m on a kick lately with recipe sharing. I hope you all don’t mind! When there is a change of season, I like to try some new things out in my kitchen. Lately, I’ve been looking for recipes that are easy to bring to a pot luck or at last minute get together. Here’s the recipe for a delicious Tex Mex Taco Dip.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup black olives, drained
Here’s what to do:
- In a large serving dish, spread the refried beans. Layer the guacamole on top of the beans.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and taco seasoning mix. Spread over the layer of guacamole.
- Sprinkle a layer of Cheddar cheese over the mayonnaise mixture layer. Sprinkle tomato, green onions and black olives over the cheese.
This will be a huge hit! Enjoy
I just made the best dip ever! It is just like those pickle rolls that everyone loves when they are brought to a holiday party but it is a dip. I made two different kinds of the same type of dip. I use 2 boxes of cream cheese, cornded beef, smoked deli ham, and either bread and butter pickels or kosher dill pickels! My husband likes kosher dill pickels more and I like bread and butter pickels more! It is an awesome dip. You can use different kinds of chips or crackers with it. I even love using miniture plain bagels!