I’ve been getting really sick of the meals I’ve been making lately. I feel like it’s the same things over and over again. For as many recipes and I share, you would think that I would have more variety in the foods I eat. I decided to try out this cashew chicken recipe and I loved it! Since cashew chicken is my favorite thing to order at the Chinese restaurant we always go to, it’s nice to have this recipe at hand.
You will need:
2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each cut into smaller pieces
1/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp canola oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp white rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup cashews
Combine flour and pepper into a resealable food storage bag. Add chicken and shake to coat. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken for about 2 minutes on each side. Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Combine all other ingredients (except for the cashews) in a bowl, stir and pour over the chicken. Cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours, add cashews, and serve over rice.
I love trying out new recipes in the summertime. Even though Spring JUST started, I’m already looking for great recipes I can try out this summer for grilling season. I found this recipe online for chicken salad. I can’t wait to try it out this weekend for a get together with our friends! I know they will all love it.
All you need for this is:
- 3/4 lb (2-3 cups) of cooked chicken meat, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4-6 green olives, pitted and minced
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/2 to a whole apple, cored and chopped
- 1/3 head of iceberg head lettuce, sliced and chopped
- 5 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp plum preserves, or any sweet berry preserve (or a lesser amount of honey)
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all of the salad ingredients and toss them together in a large bowl. You can then prepare a small bowl of the salad dressing and combine the two.
I’m on a kick lately with recipe sharing. I hope you all don’t mind! When there is a change of season, I like to try some new things out in my kitchen. Lately, I’ve been looking for recipes that are easy to bring to a pot luck or at last minute get together. Here’s the recipe for a delicious Tex Mex Taco Dip.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup black olives, drained
Here’s what to do:
- In a large serving dish, spread the refried beans. Layer the guacamole on top of the beans.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, sour cream and taco seasoning mix. Spread over the layer of guacamole.
- Sprinkle a layer of Cheddar cheese over the mayonnaise mixture layer. Sprinkle tomato, green onions and black olives over the cheese.
This will be a huge hit! Enjoy
I love breakfast foods. Every Sunday, my guy and I make breakfast, brew some coffee, and read the newspaper together. I also take this time to clip some coupons for grocery shopping the following week for meals.
This weekend, we are going to try making these ham cups. They look so good and are super easy to make!
You will need:
a muffin tin
eggs (1/2 egg per cup)
sliced ham (thick-sliced!)
splash of milk
and whatever other toppings you want:
salt and pepper to taste
1. Spray each muffin cup with a non-stick cooking spray
2. Line each cup with a slice of ham
3. add the cooked toppings (onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc)–if you want! Otherwise they are just as good plain!
4. add cheese
5. In a separate dish, mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper with a fork until smooth.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes and enjoy!
While browsing around on Pinterest the other day, I came across an amazing website. This site is called My Fridge Food and it will amaze you! When you get on the home page, you simply click to checkmark foods that you have in your kitchen. You can also click to use a detailed kitchen which contains a lot more food options.
From your list of foods, it will compile recipes for you to try with the food you already have. This is fantastic because unlike other recipe sites, all the recipes that come up are things you ALREADY have. This is especially good if you are on a budget. It’s great to use up food that you have before going to buy a bunch of new things.